Monday, November 24, 2008

National Day of Listening

I get a vast majority of my news by listening to National Public Radio (I do little TV watching). And in the AM I always tune into Morning Edition - every Friday on the show there's a segment dedicated to StoryCorps. I always get choked up listening to the stories that are shared!

StoryCorps is an independent nonprofit project whose mission is to honor and celebrate one another’s lives through listening. Since 2003, tens of thousands of everyday people have interviewed family and friends through StoryCorps. Each conversation is recorded on a free CD to take home and share, and is archived for generations to come at the Library of Congress. StoryCorps is one of the largest oral history projects of its kind, creating a growing portrait of who we really are as Americans.

StoryCorps is encourages people to start a new holiday tradition & celebrate the National Day of Listening on Friday November 28th, the day after Thanksgiving. Sit down with a loved one and record a meaningful conversation.

I've got our cam corder all ready!

No comments: