Friday, April 17, 2009

Remembering


Yesterday, Thursday April 16th a family friend, Mr. Bill Higdon, passed away. He was 89 & the father of my Dad's best man, Dale. Mr. Higdon lived in Wildwood & attended the same church as my folks. When I would visit home, I always remember him asking me about Athens & if I was keeping everyone 'in line' at UGA. Dad will be a pallbearer & my younger sister Beth will play the flute at his funeral.
Mr.
Higdon will be buried on Saturday at Forest Hill cemetery in Chattanooga, which is one of my favorite graveyards to visit - my friend Stephen is buried there too - Eddie and I would always go together to see him - my last day with Eddie was spent there. It's a very old Chattanooga cemetery - right at the foot of the mountain - beautiful. Dale said the dogwoods there are now in full bloom.

No comments: