Sunday, October 16, 2011

You are what you read

For a small town, Cairo has a kick-ass (apparently well funded) library.  We are frequent visitors.  Some of our current reading...


Seed to Seed:  seed saving and growing techniques for vegetable gardeners


Buffalo Bird Woman's Garden:  a Hidatsa Indian born about 1839, she was an expert gardener - this book is crazy detailed - very cool

Last Child in the Woods:  saving our children from nature-deficit disorder.  No problems here.

The Winter Harvest Handbook:  year round vegetable production using deep-organic techniques and unheated greenhouse.  My favorite out of this lot.  I must purchase this book.  Have not put it down since getting it.

Planning a kitchen garden.  Levi picked this one out for me.  He usually finds a book for me while we're in the adult section.

Preserve It!  I will be making orange marmalade from homegrown oranges this year!

Flirt Skirts:  learn how to sew, customize, and style your very own skirts.  I'm drafting a 'flare' skirt.  Results to come...

No comments: