Thursday, May 7, 2009

dharma bums


horsin' around with Daddy


bottlebrush flower at Papa Bill's home in Cairo, Ga.

a brief discription:
Bottlebrush is a small but spectacular evergreen tree or shrub. Of the family Myrtaceae it is well known as Callistemon or Bottlebrush Tree. It is easy to grow and loves warmth, moisture and sun. Bottlebrush is native to Australia mostly growing in moist soil in open or woodland sites.



The weekend before last a friend of my family, Steve, rode down with a buddy from Chattanooga for a visit - they were on their bikes headin' to Daytona for the week - I had to get a ride in while he was here! We rode down to Fort McAllister just in perfect time to watch the sunset on the Ogeechee. Ahh,... made me want a motorcycle... What a beautiful free feeling. In due time...




At Levi's first birthday Theresa gave me a flat of 50 coreopsis plants - a hardy periennel, I got them all in the ground (at our Athens home) & they've come back so beautifully this year - and are covered up with blooms! - I moved a few with us to Savannah & they're now cheerfully blooming in the backyard


Zen

1 comment:

angelina said...

lovin you and willie nelson!
the bottlebrush blew me back! i love them, in australia they grow wild everywhere and are in all colors, red, yellow, browns.great cut flowers for the table with proteas. great to see, good post!