Thursday, May 6, 2010

Levi's first turkey hunt

I took Levi on his first "turkey hunt" this morning before work. We got up together at 0530, put on our camo, and talked about our game plan. We got coffee for me, raisins and water for him, and took off for the local wilds. He had to bring his longbow, "just cause"......
His very first hunt, and we heard two birds gobble on a morning where the weather was less than perfect. I consider that a good omen for our future. We learned about turkey tracks, strut marks, watched some birds, owl hooted, and picked up a discarded can for recycling.
As we were leaving the woods, he looked at me and said, "I like turkey hunting too, Daddy-Joe".
A little woodsman with his longbow

Pointing out the gobbling bird.....
Strut marks and tracks in the road



No comments: