Monday, January 28, 2013

A weekend away

It'd been a good long while since I'd disappeared for a weekend away by myself.
I drove the 4 hours over to Reidsville, Ga to attend the 
South Georgia Growing Local & Sustainable conference this past weekend.

Saturday was packed with classes & information. And I ran into some folks I knew from Savannah.  I loved that this was a 'zero-waste' conference, as everyone was asked to bring their own washable plate/cup/utensils for lunch (and compost buckets for uneaten food provided).


I stayed at Gordonia State Park in Reidsville.  This was perfect for what I was doing - just needing a nearby camping spot.  This had a great view of the lake & a hot shower in the bathhouse to boot.

A new friend made at the conference brought me firewood from her farm.
The full moon was rising over the lake.

Sunday morning sleeping in - view from the tent.

No comments: