Sunday, July 27, 2008

Joe's thesis dedication:

I would like to dedicate this thesis to my son, Levi. It is my hope that we spend many April mornings standing together under a blooming dogwood waiting on that first early gobble. I look forward to sharing with you a swim in the river in July, rising trout, bedding bream, baseball games, wood ducks squealing in a winter beaver pond, and the soft crunch of deer hooves in autumn's dry leaves. Here's to the camaraderie of many evenings by a bright campfire while the songfeast tells the tale of the day.
It is my greatest hope however, that you find a deep love and respect for all things natural and wild, and that the simple things in life please you as much as they do your old man. May you enjoy many sunny days afield. I love you.

No comments: